[fpc-pascal] .NET FAQ

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Fri Sep 29 09:04:43 CEST 2006

I read the .NET FAQ http://www.freepascal.org/faq.html#dotnet.

I think the supposed advantage of portability should be refuted more clearly. I
think object pascal code compiled with fpc is more portable than the Delphi.NET
code. I propose the following change.

Current text:
There is nothing practical known yet about how portable an average .NET code will
be. Little experiments with hello world level code mean nothing, that kind of code
works with plain C too.

Proposed text:
There is nothing practical known yet about how portable an average .NET code will
be. Little experiments with hello world level code mean nothing. At this moment
object pascal code that can be compiled with fpc is more portable than .NET code
that can be compiled with Delphi.

What do you think.

Vincent