[fpc-pascal] fpcUnit todo list

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Nov 9 12:00:29 CET 2006

On 9 nov 2006, at 11:47, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 09/11/06, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> First, I would prefer a patch to the fpcunit which makes the unit
>> itself
>> indenpendend from other stuff (xml) so it can be used in the fpc
>> test suite :)
>
> The xml used is the xmlwriter unit - part of FPC.  Is this a problem?

The problem is that the xml stuff must be built before you can run
the testsuite with fpcunit tests included (since the fpcunit package
depends on the xml stuff). This means that before you can start
running the testsuite, your compiler has to be stable and complete
enough to compile packages and fcl. That's not reasonable.

Jonas