[fpc-pascal] Morfik is using FPC compiler

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Mar 29 09:48:13 CEST 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Bisma Jayadi wrote:

> > Unfortunately, I had to remove the morfik from my PC. Too much
> > conflicts with the existing firebird, and both the IDE and
> > generated forms look totally wrong on my PC. And I do mean
> > totally: everything is scaled wrong...
>
> It sounds strange to me. :( I've just install this newer version without any
> problems and it looks very cool on my machine (winXP SP 2, classic theme,
> Firebird 1.5.3 installed and running).

The looks: Windows 2000, LARGE fonts, high DPI setting.

Fails guaranteed for ALL uncarefully coded Delphi programs.
For each form 'Scaled:=FALSE' is needed.
If they skip that: forget it. This is a known Delphi problem since AGES.

The Firebird: I had Firebird 1.5.2 installed.
1. They installed and checked for version 2.0 of Firebird, so I had to
   de-install my firebird (gds32.dll conflict).
2. They do not allow to set the Firebird port of their installation,
   and that is a major flaw. Because changing the port of the existing
   installation is NOT an option.

> As you are one of FPC core developers, I really hope you can try Morfik and take
> something from it that maybe usefull to FPC.

O, but I will definitely continue to try it.
Not only for FPC but also for my 'real' job.

> > It's simply not possible to work with it.
> > A pity, because I think it is promising technology :/
>
> A pity indeed. :(

If you are in contact with the morfik people, you can tell them of my trouble,
I'll be glad to help them solve it.

Michael.