[fpc-pascal] Morfik is using FPC compiler

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Mar 25 13:30:22 CET 2006

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Bisma Jayadi wrote:

> This is really amazing! Morfik is using FPC compiler to be able to target
> multiplatform! Have Morfik people contact FPC team about this? How can FPC
> didn't place any announcement about this?

Because we don't know about it. I've been keeping an eye on Morfik since
quite some time, but I didn't know they use FPC. How did you find out ?

> I'm getting more and more proud of FPC. This proves the maturity of FPC
> compiler. Congratulations to the FPC core team development! :)
>
> As the backend default database, it uses Firebird and IBO as the connection
> component. And Firebird knew about this and give annoucement about this too.
> Just like I always told you... FPC and Firebird combination is just hard to beat! :)

I have been convinced of this since ages ;-)

> I've just download Morfik beta demo version and give it a try. And this looks
> really very promising as the next development framework. This gives me more
> reason to let .Net behind alone. :p
>
> What do you think about this guys? :)

That I'm downloading the beta as I type this :-)

Till a couple of weeks ago, it was for subscribers only...

This is great news.

Michael.