[fpc-pascal] findfirst and findnext on non accessible files

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Wed Jun 28 18:13:44 CEST 2006

Marc Santhoff wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 28.06.2006, 11:01 +0200 schrieb Tomas Hajny:
>
>> Which platform are you talking about, which FindFirst/FindNext
>> (Dos/SysUtils) and what is the behaviour expected from you? E.g. with:
>
> Sorry, I was too deep into the problem.
>
> I'm using FreeBSD as main platform for development but for the future at
> least Windows and Linux are targets.

Still, which FindFirst are you talking about - that one from unit Dos, or
that one from unit SysUtils?

 .
 .
> That's a result I'd expect. So I'll go digging for some "Error" or
> "UnixError" variable.

No, you don't need any "UnixError". Dos.FindFirst returns errors in
DosError for all platforms (it's a compatibility unit after all).
SysUtils.FindFirst should return the error in its return value directly. I
don't know whether the implementation for FreeBSD does it correctly at the
moment, but that's how it's supposed to work, at least (=> enter it in the
bug tracker if it doesn't do work like that).

Tomas