[fpc-pascal] Modify XML Document

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 04:46:10 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to use the units XMLRead, XMLWrite, DOM to modify the
structure of a XML file.

Reading the XML file is very easy and works very well, but I am lost
about how to modify it´s structure. Specifically I want to add a new
"brother" to a node. I try to create a DomNode and then add it, but I
cannot change the NodeName property. So how can I change the name of a
newly created node??

Also, how can I add a new Attribute to a DomNode??

The following code will give an error because NodeName is read-only:

var
  NovoNo: TDomNode;
begin
    Posicao := TreeView1.Selected.Index;

    NovoNo := TDomNode.Create(XMLDoc);
    NovoNo.NodeName := 'categoria';
    XMLDoc.DocumentElement.InsertBefore(NovoNo,
     XMLDoc.DocumentElement.ChildNodes.Item[Posicao]);

I looked at the examples on fpcsrc, but there are only very basic ones
about xml.

Any help e very welcome.

thanks a lot,
--