[fpc-pascal] Compiling FPC for SPARC

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Mon Jul 31 18:00:10 CEST 2006

Peter Vreman wrote:
> At 17:06 31-7-2006, you wrote:
>>First, is this the best list to discuss this?

Yes for basic questions like "how to do this or that". When discussing
more complex stuff like "is this the right way for fixing problem XYZ
which popped up on SPARC", or "attached diff should fix problem ABC",
fpc-devel would be probably more appropriate.

 .
 .
>>I admit readily to being a beginner as far as FPC is concerned, and
>>inexperienced at Open Source development (SVN etc.) in general- SVN etc.

Basic hints for working with our SVN repository can be found in our Wiki
(http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/SVN_Migration).

 .
 .
>>I propose to hold off any more tinkering for a few hours pending any
>>light that
>>anybody can throw on this, or suggested ways forwards.

I propose to check with the 2.0.4-rc2 sources. You can get these from
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/beta/2.0.4-rc2/source/, or directly
_using_SVN_ (not WWW browser) from
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/tags/release_2_0_4_rc2/ (or the
most up to date sources from the fixes branch available via SVN from
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/branches/fixes_2_0/ (or
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_0/ for just the main
part without docs and stuff necessary for release building).

>>Is there an archive of the 2.0.0 sources somewhere that I can run the
>> 2.0.0
>>SPARC compiler against as a check?

Yes, there is. The initial revision in SVN should correspond to 2.0.0 (we
used CVS before) - you can use SVN to checkout revision 1 of the fpc
repository. In addition,
ftp://ftpmaster.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/source-2.0.0/ is available
too.

Tomas