[fpc-pascal] X Windows and FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 19:24:51 CEST 2006

> What are your thoughts on msegui, also a gui
> library on top of xlib and gdi ?

To be honest, I haven't really looked at it much... maybe I should
look at it again.  The bit I did see, it looked to alien (different)
compared to the native looks on different platforms.  It does support
themeing, so that might be able to sort that problem.

The other thing is that I really like Lazarus.  I feel very at home
with it, as I come from a Delphi background.  As I mentioned earlier,
I have a long term goal of incorporating my widget set into Lazarus.
The way msegui was designed (not based on VCL at all - which is not a
bad thing in itself) it will be a nightmare to try and integrate into
Lazarus.

One thing I can say - I take my hat off for Martin and what he has
accomplished all on his own.

Regards,
  Graeme.

--