[fpc-pascal] Unknown runtime error 202

Wolfram Kläger wolfram.klaeger at web.de
Wed Jul 26 18:12:31 CEST 2006

I had this error two or three times these days. I managed to get rid of it by moving a local method variable to a field. Example:

class.method
var
 d3 : array[ .., .., ..] of ...
begin

Works, if length(d3) < unknown limit. When I get the unknown runtime error 202 instead,  I rearrange d3 to

... class
private
 Fd3 : array ...

Then it works again. Apparently for unlimited array sizes. But what is the secret, where is the limit? And if this secret / limit is known, why the error is not?

Regards
Wolfram

P.S. I do love all fpc warnings and hints too. Except [file variable] does not seem to be initialized. So far the only situation, where I am used to wrap a statement in {$HINTS OFF} .. {$HINTS ON}