[fpc-pascal] Initializing threading

Andreas Berger Andreas at TheBergerClan.org
Tue Jul 25 16:18:32 CEST 2006

In order to initialize threading under DOS I must create a separate unit
since I need the initialization and finalization clause. I thought of
using a cthreads.pp unit like in unix. However, the TThread
implementation resides in the TThread.inc file which is an include in
the implementation section of the system.pp unit which is always loaded.
This causes the following problem: If someone creates a TThread, the
constructor does not know if threading has been initialized (via
cthreads) since I can not add a "uses cthreads" clause in the .inc file.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this?

regards,
Andreas