[fpc-pascal] Pascal Compiler - Missing Messages etc.

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Thu Jul 20 23:03:38 CEST 2006

On 20 Jul 06, at 22:41, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2006 13:44 schrieb Jason P Sage:
 .
 .
> > In my view these "simple things" must have highest priority.
> >
> > In the Linux installation routine there is an install-question
> > something like "do you want to install /usr/ or /usr/local/"
>
> The default is fine?
>
> > A beginner can not know what this is good for. Also there is no information if
> > the install routine on Linux must have root rights...
>
> Well, because it depends on were you install? People not installing as
> root should know how to change /usr/local to something appropriate.
>
> > So if a beginner does not get work these "simple things" he give up very fast.
>
> People don't dig into such stuff will be never good programmers, so I
> see no real problem if they give up :) Programming is full of such
> challenges.

;-) What would you think about distribution of
Win32 version with install.bat script asking you
to choose whether you want to put cygwin1.dll in
system32 or your new bin directory? While Linux
is moving to desktops little bit more, there are
more users who don't know details of their OS.
Such people might be perfectly able to find the
appropriate information, but they might not be
interested to have to do it just to install
something and possibly test what it can do for
them and whether they should continue using it or
throw it away.

My 2 cents, anyway

Tomas