[fpc-pascal] usage of {$FPC_USE_LIBC}

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jul 18 15:42:41 CEST 2006

> Am Dienstag, den 18.07.2006, 09:39 +0200 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
>
> > Note that using libc has some advantages too, I list some in
> > http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/unixrtl.pdf which was the original design doc
> > for the Unix reform.
>
> I read this and browsed the source back and forth and to be honest I'm
> more confused than before. ;)
>
> Let's make it specific:
>
> If I want to add a missing function from libc to the right unit, how
> would I?

Research if it is standarised, and doable on a syscall level. If not it can
only go to unit libc (but that is Michael's terrain), which is Linux/i386
specific.

> Do I have to fiddle with what's called "assembler aliasing" in any way
> or do I declare as "external libc"?

> How do I find the right unit or include file to stick it in?
>
> I'm talking about the function "readdir_r" existing at least on bsd's
> and on newer linux.

*dir functions are special. These are (3) functions and are done by an own
probably not 100% compat implementation in syscall ports. Why would you want
to do this?