[fpc-pascal] usage of {$FPC_USE_LIBC}

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jul 18 00:36:46 CEST 2006

On 17 Jul 2006, at 22:06, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>> I read http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/OS_aware_RTL
>>
>> and wonder when {$FPC_USE_LIBC} is set and how the decision is made?
>
> In the Makefile.fpc for the platform. It's added to the compiler
> options.

And if you meant "how we made the decision": it's only done by
default for Darwin, because there libc is the only supported system
interface, for "netware libc" (libc is the recommended netware system
interface, but we also have a non-libc dependent netware port) and
for solaris (less porting work than implementing full syscall support).

You can enable it for most (all?) *nix'es by compiling the rtl with
OPT="-dFPC_USE_LIBC"

Jonas