[fpc-pascal] fpcUnit testing Exceptions

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 10:41:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

> where
> TRunMethod = procedure of object;
>
> How is SlideTypeDB defined?
>
> the correct way should be
>
> AssertException('Failing on 3', EUnknownSlideType, @si.SlideTypeDB);
>
> provided SlideTypeDB is a simple procedure with no parameters
> and you are using
> {$mode objfpc}

si  =  Is a Slide Information class.  You give it a slide name, and
can then retrieve all kinds of information from it.

si.SlideTypeDB  =  I think is a read-only property returning a string
(I don't have the code infront of me).  The property getter method
raises an exception, if it can't figure out the Slide Type from the
name.

Yes I always code in {$mode objfpc}.

I think the problem is the SlideTypeDB which is a property!  I will
change it to a standard function returning a string and try
@si.SlideTypeDB again.

Regards,
  Graeme.

--