[fpc-pascal] Error linking Lazarus

Bob bob at tania.servebbs.org
Fri Jul 14 07:07:07 CEST 2006

I have installed FPC-2.0.2 from sources on a freebsd 6.1 server; all
went well and the compiler functions/compiles all my sources flawlessly.

I then downloaded the Lazarus sources, which compile fine, but fails
upon linking thus:

Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.2 [2006/07/07] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2005 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: FreeBSD/ELF for i386
Compiling lazarus.pp
Linking ../lazarus
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdk12
lazarus.pp(113,1) Error: Error while linking
gmake[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/bob/lazarus/ide'
gmake[1]: *** [ide] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/bob/lazarus/ide'
gmake: *** [ide] Error 2

In the file lazarus/link.res we see the problem

INPUT(
- -lglib12    <=== A
- -lgdk12     <=== B
- -lX11
- -lgtk12     <=== C
- -lXi
- -lXext
- -lm
- -lgdk_pixbuf <=== D
- -liconv
- -lc

On Freebsd 6.1:

A is libglib-12 (lglib-12)
B is libgdk-12  (lgdk-12)
C is libgtk-12  (gtk-12)
and D can be one of the following:
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0
libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0

I tried editing link.res, putting in the correct library names, but that
file is overwritten for each make, and I could not find the source of
these bogus library names.

Is there a fix/patch for this?

TIA
Bob