[fpc-pascal] OOT: Pascal (especially FPC) on Linux community

Ron Weidner xecronix at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 14:35:38 CET 2006

--- Elio Cuevas Gómez <elio at mixtk.com> wrote:

> Actually i'm a developer in the SDL4FreePascal
> project, which as the name sugest, is a port of SDL
> headers to FreePascal. So far they work good and we
> will realease a new version soon.
>
> http://sdl4fp.sourceforge.net/
>
> Aditionally to SDL, we are also porting other useful
> libraries like SDL_Image and SDL_ttf. We could port
> SDL_Net too if there's interest.

Sorry, I actually forgot about the freepascal port of
the SDL lib.  That said, I think that SDL is one of
the best tools out there for developing games and
deserved mentioning.  In any case, I can say for
myself, that I would be interested in and SDL_Image,
SDL_ttf and SDL_Net port.  But I would also like to
see some more examples/demos too.  So, I'll start
sending some demos to the project today.  I have a
few.  :)

> I'm myself creating a game in FreePascal, but
> there's nothing to show yet. And there's already
> some good games written in FreePascal, just have
> to look a little hard.

Anyone with a FreePascal game please e-mail me a link,
description, hardware requirements, and target OS
information and I will link to it from
http://www.astrodust.com.  I'll be resurrecting that
site and I would love to trade links.

> It would be cool if we could create a community of
> game creation in [Free]Pascal.

I agree... And there are many tasks not related to
game play that someone could do even if they feel that
game development isn't an avenue they would like to
pursue.  And if you are the creative type, obviously
there is a lot of opportunity for you too.  Math,
database, art, music, beta/alpha testing, UI,
compression, encryption, are just some of the areas
you could be helpful in, even if you aren't interested
in creating a game.  Although, I hope that there are 4
people here interested in being the core of an indie
FreePascal game development team.

If you are interested, please contact me and we can
all start planning a new game.

--
Ronald Weidner
http://www.techport80.com