[fpc-pascal] RE: [lazarus] Article on Pixel.

Andreas Berger Andreas at TheBergerClan.org
Mon Dec 11 15:39:28 CET 2006

> On 12/11/06, Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz> wrote:
>>
>> I'd just like to add that SDL is used for many other platforms as far
>> as I
>> know, not just Linux (at least OS/2, MorphOS, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and
>> Zeta).
>
> I don't know to much about SDL.  Does it handle anti-aliased line
> drawing, transparency, alpha-blending natively, or is SDL just a
> developer friendly front-end to other libraries?
I don't know all that much about graphics, but (Jedi-)SDL is a great 2D
and 3D library that uses OpenGL. It can also use other platform
dependant graphic engines like DirectX on Windows. It is written in C++,
but there are versions for Delphi and FPC. Unfortunatly it was never
made compatible with TForm or to use with LCL or VCL components.

Andreas