[fpc-pascal] fpc and intel vtune (now about gprof)

Пётр Косаревский ppkk at mail.ru
Tue Apr 25 17:18:14 CEST 2006

> These are pretty big when taken together.

> ... ... An optional downloadable package
> would probably make more sense though.

Yes. Hint, link and package/link to smallest possible set of libraries would be better. I am not experienced with many things, so this was pretty confusing ("can't find -lc" --- maybe I'd decipher libc, but "-"...).

> >        4. -pg is a compiler option, not some external feature
> > implying installation of something
> There is no other way than to have it as a compiler option, since the
> compiler must generate special code for it. Similarly, -gv implies
> that you will use Valgrind, but that does not mean we're going to
> ship Valgrind with the compiler.

No way! I can compile with "-gv", I don't have valgrind, compiler/linker do not complain.

PS.
1. Well, I don't know whether it's really ".exe" with valgrind support, because I had issues [and reported them], for example, with external assemblers: compile successful, application [otherwise working] immediately fails.)

2. I have already reported: "-gd" causes access violation by compiler (still in 2.0.3 2006.4.20).