[fpc-pascal] FPC and Lazarus as a main RAD tool?
M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Tue Apr 18 16:38:05 CEST 2006
Am Dienstag, den 18.04.2006, 15:27 +0200 schrieb Sasa Zeman:
> FPC and Lazarus are currently not sutable as a main tool RAD (at least on
> Winodows). If you have Delphi (7) Studio licensed RAD and developing
> commercial applications, you have seen real RAD tool in action:
That depends on the environment and purpose.
Disadvantages of Delphi:
1. You neither know nor can influence the companies policies.
2. It's closed source, if it's buggy you're lost.
3. Insecure future!
> Advantage of FPC and Lazarus:
> 1. Daily updates and upgrades
> 2. Cross platform support
> 3. Code optimization for targeted processor (main delphi disadvantage on
> Intel compatible processors)
> 4. Easier (C like) pointer manipulation
> 5. C like operators support
6. Runs on machines with relatively low memory, compared to D7 (e.g.
256MB for development, 64MB on target here)
7. Saves you a huge amount of licence costs.
8. Has a mailing lists with a lot of funny people to talk to.
Hey you, go back to work!
More information about the fpc-pascal