[fpc-pascal] Division by Zero - not raised exception

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Mon Apr 17 19:08:11 CEST 2006

> > I think even _if_ there is a focus on getting the memusage down (and there
> > is, it is one of the internal linkers objectives), it should be more to
>let
> > Lazarus perform optimally with say 512-1024MB memory, and not to try to
> > squeeze it into sub 128 MB. That would be counterproductive.
>
>Inside total phisical memory of 128MB, Delphi compililation is very fast.
>That mean that process of compilation is optimized to work with available
>phisical memory (at least under 128MB). The same is case with command line
>compiler (dcc32).  I doubt it is contra-productive, on the contrary. Any
>attempt to work with swapfile lead to enormous performance decreasing, which
>is currently case.
>
>During building Lazarus, peak of used memory by comiler is over 85MB. As
>well, 192MB of minimum reserved virtual memory by Windows is often too
>small. All indicate that optimization of the compiling and internal linking
>process should be one of the top priority.
>
>In my opinion, FPC and Lazarus can try to ratioinally use available
>resources, not to force developers or company to buy new hardware. Note that

IMHO you should already be happy with the internal linker because you are
now able to create a smartlinked lazarus without requiring 1+ GB of memory.

Please stop asking for pathetic requirements. Especially for things where
you don't know where you are talking about and therefor without in-depth
analyses where things could be improved.

Peter