[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.0 and DOM/xml under OS/2 gives me "Process terminated by SIGSEGV"

Søren Ager sorenager at poboxes.com
Wed Sep 14 07:09:21 CEST 2005

On 09-09-05 23.35, Tomas Hajny wrote:

> Sorry, I had your e-mails (together with many other :-( ) in backlog
> from the time of my holiday...

No problem - hope you had a great holiday.

> For the first question - the best way to find exact place of SIGSEGV
> etc. in FPC programs under OS/2 is to compile everything with debug
> information (including RTL, FCL etc.)

This needs a little more explaining. I have tried pointing fpc to the
rtl/fcl source when compiling - but I always ends up with a compile
error somewhere in the rtl (can't remember where right now). Is there a
description of how to take the compiler add the source and then be able
build your programs with full debug information.

> either run them under (PM)GDB, or to open the generated core file in (PM)GDB

After being used to vp I am still struggeling with gdb :-( But I hope I
will master it eventualy.

> For the second one - I believe that it's a bug in common part of FPC
> RTL, in fact, that it crashes when WideString manager is not
> initialized.

I can see this has been fixed - thanks.

--

Hilsen