[fpc-pascal] Lazarus and FPC integration

Micha Nelissen micha at neli.hopto.org
Sun Oct 30 15:15:35 CET 2005

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:07:13 -0300
Agustin Barto <abarto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Errr...Lazarus is a good IDE/RAD? It certainly is a good start, but is
> far from being comparable with other development enviroments. If you
> ask me, it's too much like Delphi (that's really bad). Although 99.5%
> of my apps use gui, I never use the visual editor (I gave up hoping
> that the next click on the palette wouldn't kill lazarus). I'd kill to
> have something like Eclipse or NetBeans for fpc.

But what exactly is missing from lazarus then ? These statements are all
too vague. Lazarus does not need any particular version of fpc per se
(other than being >= 2.0.0), but you do need a tools -> build lazarus if
you switch from one version to another, to recompile the LCL units to be
compiled compatible to your installed FCL units from FPC.

Micha