[fpc-pascal] Lazarus and FPC integration

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 14:32:49 CET 2005

On 10/30/05, Agustin Barto <abarto at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/29/05, David Emerson <dle3ab at angelbase.com> wrote:
> - Let's face it: FPC is a mature and stable (and awesome) project,
> Lazarus isn't. I think there shouldn't be mixed, at least for the time
> being.

But those are reasons to mix the projects (not in code)! From Systems
we can know that many people are not using FPC because they need a
good gui IDE.

If Lazarus website isn't very good (yes ... the download link is
pretty horrible ...) then a new website for both could became a major
improvement for both. More users and a better website for both.

Said That I think there should be 5 download options clearly visible
for the users after clicking the Download link:
1 - the latest stable FPC + Lazarus IDE (take to a page with the liks
to download for the various platforms, a short explanation on how to
install and the links must point directly to the mirrors, not another
download page to avoid the current labirint)
2 - the latest stable FPC without Lazarus IDE (same as above)
3 - development Beta FPC (instructions to get via svn)
4 - development beta Lazarus (instructions to get via svn)
5 - Download older versions of Lazarus or FPC

currently Lazarus for different platforms is mixed as are different
versions of the program. Worse, clicking the download button on the
site takes to a labirint of options ....

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho