[fpc-pascal] Lazarus IDE Question

David Chandler david at davidchandler.com
Mon Oct 24 01:20:46 CEST 2005

Thank you Micha for your help so far.  Your suggestion worked, at least
in getting the menu structure created at design time.  However it locks
up at run time.

I created a bare-bones do-nothing test menu and double clicked each menu
option to create an empty procedure in response to a mouse click.  If I
have no submenus, everything seems to work.  But if I add submenus, the
menu system locks up.

One of my questions is, do I need to create click-handling procedures
for the menu items whose only function is to open a submenu?  The system
locks up whether I create these procedures or not, but I can't imagine
what I would put in such a procedure if it were required.  Is there some
other property I need to set to get the menu system to work?  Is there a
tutorial or documentation (short of reading the source code) that leads
me through this learning process?  (I feel awkward having to rely on the
mailing list for questions I would normally be able to answer for myself
reading a book or online document.  I have been using Mastering Delphi
6, by the way, on the assumption that the Lazarus IDE is roughly
equivalent.)
--David Chandler