[fpc-pascal] Lazarus IDE Question

David Chandler david at davidchandler.com
Tue Oct 18 08:29:24 CEST 2005

I am trying to create a menu bar using Lazarus.  I drop the TMainMenu
icon onto the form.  Then I modify the Items in the Object Inspector and
can get the first menu item, but that is all.  I can't enter more menu
headings or submenu items.  I checked a Delphi reference and saw a
similar mechanism, but it provides little dashed boxes to lay out the
whole menu structure.  The corresponding structure in Lazarus seems inert.

I then tried bypassing the IDE and duplicated the code on the form,
changing the menu items to item1, item2, item3, etc.  There must be
other necessary code hidden somewhere else because this attempt failed
to compile.

Is this one of the things that doesn't work in Lazarus?  Am I doing
something wrong?  Any suggstions?  Is there a Lazarus-specific forum to
discuss questions like this?

--David Chandler