[fpc-pascal] Sharp Zaurus ARM port stability?

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Thu Jul 21 18:46:36 CEST 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 05:21 pm, Matt Emson wrote:

> Excellent. I do have a Mandrake 8.1 and Mandrake 9.0 install CD hanging
> about. Are either of those preferable? I would also like to get it going
> under Windows.. just because I know I'll be in Windows for more frequently.
> Was there a specific reason for using LINUX, bar the obvious QTE runs on
> Zaurus, Zaurus uses LINUX thing?

I do not program in windows anymore, so I did not try
to have a windows version of the qt embedded binding.
It was already enough work in itself.  You are ofcourse free
to make one :-)

The binding is made in C/C++, one of the makefiles is 2730 lines.
So it helped me remember why I prefer to code in pascal.
Compiling the binding was a nightmare, because of the incompatibilities
between the c-compilers. You need the exact same compiler
as the one the qt/embedded library was created with. And it is impossible
to just take the source of that compiler and compile it
with a recent compiler, the compiler source is not compatible
anymore. So you need to cycle back several times.

Mandrake: You can always download a fresher iso. It is worth it.
Kylix works fine till and including version 10.1 (so not 2005 or 10.2, but that is off list)

kind regards,

Den Jean