[fpc-pascal] svn

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Thu Dec 22 17:03:29 CET 2005

Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> Bob Barry wrote:
>
>> The move from cvs to svn has been a disaster for me.  There was a time
>> that desproxy would
>> circumvent the proxy of my uncooperative ISP, but the scripts which
>> worked before no longer
>> work.  I tried to checkout subversion itself, and that doesn't work
>> either.  But I _can_ checkout
>> subversion using https.  Could fpc's subversion server be configured to
>> accomodate https?
>
> How did you check out in cvs times then?

Maybe his ISP puts a transparent proxy in the way for all traffic on port
80 and that proxy doesn't work quite well in cooperation with SVN? That
would clarify HTTPS working OK, because no transparent proxies are
possible for HTTPS... If this guess is correct (and depending on the
configuration of his ISP - whether the proxy is only triggered for port 80
or whether all communication is intercepted and analyzed for HTTP
protocol), it might be enough to let SVN listen on another port (in
addition to the default port 80) to avoid performance overhead required
for https (if this overhead is not wanted/acceptable).

Tomas