[fpc-pascal] 2.0.0 versus 2.0.2 - FreeBSD

Ziegenhorn Tourism Database info at ziegenhorn.de
Sat Dec 17 17:23:18 CET 2005

Some weeks ago I switched from 1.0.x to 2.0.0.

Well, a lot of work to eleminate "oldlinux", but it
works fine. I updated to 2.0.2 and something happend:

I have some cgi-programs for a virtual FreeBSD 4.7 Server.
I compile under Linux (SuSE 8.2), tranfer the executable
to FreeBSD and do a "brandelf -t Linux prog-name"

This works fine for 1.0.x, 2.0.0, but not for 2.0.2

The programs run very well on FreeBSD, do all things
expected, but crash (with 2.0.2) at the end and produce
a core-dump, "prog-name.core"

It's very hard to debug a program on a virtual Server
thousand miles away. I suppose, that the last exit-routines
have some incompatibilies with FreeBSD, or maybe it
is a bug. Maybe this is a hint for the development team.

The download of older versions of fpc seems not
possible. :-(   So I burn everything on a CD-ROM. ;-)

BTW: A great work, this compiler. The best programming-
tool, you can get hands on.

Heinz Ziegenhorn

Ziegenhorn Tourism Database
P.O. Box 16 45