[fpc-pascal]Cycle problem in Win32

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Sat Mar 27 02:18:13 CET 2004

Greetings,

I just tried to cycle a fresh compiler but have a problem with the
fpc.exe application.

If I use an old version everything works fine. If I try to use the newly
built version I get Access Violations.

If I am in the same directory as the ppc386.exe application for example
c:\pp\bin\win32 and run fpc.exe it runs fine. However, if I am someplace
else and attempt to run fpc.exe I get the violation.

This first hits when trying to build the rest of the compiler, the
packages, fcl, etc. etc. The Make fails because the fpc call to get
things like iTO etc. fails. If I force the Make with PP={path}ppc386.exe
then everything works fine.

Let me know if more details of what is happening is required.

Not sure if it is related but everytime I cycle the compiler it always
errors at the very end when it is doing the compare of the ppc3.exe and
ppc386.exe. The file sizes match and everything compares except for
about 2-3 bytes. I forget what the line number is.

Phone: 570-388-2211  Fax: 570-388-6101