[fpc-pascal]Socket() call broken in 1.9.3 CVS?

Sat Mar 20 15:11:32 CET 2004

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Lloyd B. Park wrote:

> I pulled in 1.9.3 from CVS yesterday.  When I recompiled some code I have
> been working on I found my program crashed when creating a socket.  The
> program fails with no error.  It just exits.  I created a test program
> with just the socket call and it also fails the same way.  Here is the
> code:
>
>    Program test_socket;
>
>    uses
>       sockets;
>    var
>       FileHandle:  integer;

Careful, this should be compiled using -S2 or {$Mode Objfpc} !

It works fine here:
ome: >tests
sizeof( integer): 4
Before socket call.
After socket call.
home: >ppc386 -S2 -l tests.pp
Free Pascal Compiler version 1.9.3 [2004/02/15] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2004 by Florian Klaempfl

Michael.