[fpc-pascal]Socket() call broken in 1.9.3 CVS?

Lloyd B. Park lpark at kent.edu
Sat Mar 20 14:18:18 CET 2004

I pulled in 1.9.3 from CVS yesterday.  When I recompiled some code I have
been working on I found my program crashed when creating a socket.  The
program fails with no error.  It just exits.  I created a test program
with just the socket call and it also fails the same way.  Here is the
code:

   Program test_socket;

   uses
      sockets;
   var
      FileHandle:  integer;
   begin
      writeln( 'sizeof( integer): ', sizeof( integer));
      writeln( 'Before socket call.');
      FileHandle:= socket( AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0);
      writeln( 'After socket call.');
   end.

I followed the CVS download instructions on the Web site.  Do I need to
look at a different branch?

   cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.freepascal.org:/FPC/CVS login
   cvs -z 3 -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.freepascal.org:/FPC/CVS checkout fpc

--