[fpc-pascal]Suppressing the console window in Win32

Steve Williams stevewilliams at kromestudios.com
Thu Mar 4 08:52:02 CET 2004

> > Thanks.  I've never had to use that in Delphi since it defaults to GUI
if
> > there is no $APPTYPE directive.  Would it make sense for FPC to default
> > GUI if compiled in Delphi compatibility mode?  I'm new to FPC so I don't
> > know if that has been discussed before.
>
> That is a Win32 (maybe also MacOSX?) only issue. On other platforms the
> default is to have a console.

Delphi compatibility would only really apply to Win32, wouldn't it?

> > Incidentally, can there be a warning printed out when the $APPTYPE
> > directive
> > is in the wrong place and has no effect?
>
> It already gives a warning:
>
> p.pp(4,2) Warning: Misplaced global compiler switch

Ahh.  Having just got FPC 1.9.2 from SourceForge (there should be a link to
that from the FPC site), it does indeed give a warning.  FPC 1.0.10 does not
give such a warning.

The executable also got 23KB larger just from being compiled with 1.9.2, ie.
from 82KB to 105KB.

Sly