[fpc-pascal]Delphi "9" language features...

Florian Klaempfl F.Klaempfl at gmx.de
Thu Aug 12 13:18:46 CEST 2004

Matt Emson wrote:
>>I don't like the very unspecific implementation. In [SNIP, as this is a
>
> matter of opinion, replace this with "other"]

That's what I meant however my keyboard ate it ;)

>>languages/libraries there are several kinds of iterators, see e.g. the
>
> STL.
>
> Exactly, which is why I prefer the idea Borland has gone for. The STL is not
> a good idea.

The behaviour of the d9 iterators appear to me very unspecific. In which
order does it iterate through the elements? What happens if I delete an
element while iterating, maybe even the current. Does an iterator stay
valid if I remove the element from the container? How can I change how
the iterator behaves? etc.