[fpc-pascal]Linker error with OpenGL and SDL

Karim sonic_traveler at eml.cc
Sun Oct 26 22:25:09 CET 2003

Hello

I installed the SDL Bindings for FPC (FreeBSD). I compiled the bindings
and copied
the all .ppu and object files in a SDL units directory.
Now, I want to test sdl and the bindings with the examples the comes with
the it. Like demo01.pp
When I try to compile it, I get this message:

x1-6-00-a0-24-7e-45-37# fpc demo01.pp
Free Pascal Compiler version 1.0.10 [2003/06/27] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2003 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: FreeBSD/ELF for i386
Compiling demo01.pp
Assembling demo01
Linking demo01
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lSDL
demo01.pp(87) Error: Error while linking
Closing script ppas.sh

All my SDL libaries are installed in /usr/local/lib. I`ve also adapted
the fpc.cfg file.
I`ve got similar error with the older FPC release and OpenGL, but not
with the Linux FPC version.
I allready wrote to the sdl4pascal mailinglist, they told me to try it at
the main fpc mailinglist.
Is this a known bug from the FreeBSD version ?

Greetings
--
  Karim
  sonic_traveler at eml.cc