[fpc-pascal]please reply immediately

Ralf A. Quint FreeDOS at gmx.net
Sat Mar 8 20:32:12 CET 2003

At 10:33 AM 03/08/2003, you wrote:
>Abdulahi Mohammed wrote:
>
>>Abdulahi Mohammed
>>InterGlobe bank plc.
>>lagos, Nigeria abdulahim at latinmail.com
>>tel: 234 803 3061041
>>
>This is a so-called "nigerian advance fee scam" - email
>DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL

Well, i can't imagine that any human being with an IQ above room
temperature would answer to such a message or even be so stupid to send any
money, but obviously, it happens.

>if you want, you can loose thousands of euros or get killed if you go to
>nigeria
Well, i don't know about the "get killed" part, but again, i can't image
that someone with his/her marbles in place would fall for something like this.

As in this case the sender tried to use a mailing list as a media to spread
his scam and this can cause the FPC mailing list servers to be put on
blacklists used by more and more ISP's to prevent spamming, it would be
good to forward the message (with all headers!) to a special task force of
the US Secret Service, which, as part of the US treasury department, tries
to take care of these criminals.

More information about this and the email address to forward those
"Nigerian money scam" messages as well as the procedures therefor can be
found at http://www.secretservice.gov/alert419.shtml

My usual advice to customers for spam is to ignore it, filter it, in a
recognized repeated attempt to forward such messages to the abuse address
of the ISP where the email is originating, but this is usually hard to
examine for a regular user.
But in this case, the intend of the message is not only annoying but
downright criminal and the appropriate law enforcement agencies should take
care of those folks.

just my 2c,

Ralf