[fpc-pascal]FPC vs. GPC

Andreas K. Foerster akf1 at AKFoerster.de
Tue Jan 28 18:57:36 CET 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:41:57PM +0100, Preben Mikael Bohn wrote:

> > I suppose you have to pay that FPC is a Pascal->BIN compiler, whereas  GPC
> > is a Pascal->C compiler...
> > (also explaining why FPC supports less platforms, because the GCC guys  are
> > doing the job ;-))
>
> I'm quite sure that GPC is *not* a Pascal->C compiler, however it does use the
> GCC-backend to some extend,

That is true.

If you search a Pascal to C converter, have a look at p2c.
<ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/source/devel/p2c_1.21.orig.tar.gz>
But it doesn't have any of the Units - but it supports the Unit
interface.

--
Tschuess
	Andreas