[fpc-pascal]Graphics woes

John Coppens john at johncoppens.com
Tue Jan 28 17:01:09 CET 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:02:43 +0100
Jonas Maebe <jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be> wrote:

> Given the large amount of question about "can't find -lvga when
> compiling graph programs under linux" I would say the same about
> lib(s)vga. I also think SDL would be a better choice (though someone
> needs to do it of course :/ )
>

> Jonas

I was gathering courage to take on debugging the actual ggiGraph unit and
try to get it running again. Somehow I believe this makes sense as so much
work is already done.

I'm no expert. Is SDL so much better? I noticed both libs are in active
development. I also notice there is no clear advantage as to which of both
is more 'standard'. I did notice that installing libggi went a lot easier
that SDL (maybe 'cause I don't have accelerated hardware).

John