[fpc-pascal]Graphics woes

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Tue Jan 28 11:02:43 CET 2003

On dinsdag, jan 28, 2003, at 11:08 Europe/Brussels, Michael Van Canneyt
wrote:

>>            Personally i would remove ggigraph support from the CVS
>> tree and replace with a unified (except for DOS) graph unit based on
>> SDL...
>> I think this is the way to go.. The only problem is of course
>> implementing
>> and testing this :(...
>
> This has been discussed before. SDL is not a standard library on most
> systems, and hence is not a suitable choice to base the graph unit on.
>
> The same goes for ggi, which is why it is a separate unit in the first
> place.

Given the large amount of question about "can't find -lvga when
compiling graph programs under linux" I would say the same about
lib(s)vga. I also think SDL would be a better choice (though someone
needs to do it of course :/ )

Jonas