[fpc-pascal]1. FPC and Mandrake 2. Crosscompiling

Holger Peters peters.holger at epost.de
Fri Jan 17 20:32:40 CET 2003

Hi,
1. At home I'm working with FreePascal for Windows. But in extra
curricular lessons, I work with Linux (Mandrake). I tried to install
FreePascal for Linux on this comuter, but it didn't work. For example
there is no IDE and if I start fpc in the console, there is no output.
Is it because I am not logged in as a root user? How can I solve this?

2. If there is no solution, can I run the windows version of FreePascal
with WINE and compile the programs for Linux (crosscompiling)? If yes,
how can I do this?

Thanks for your awnsers.

Holger