[fpc-pascal]Debugging FPC

James Mills prologic at daisy.ods.org
Sat Aug 23 17:15:31 CEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 04:51:27PM +0200, jonas at freepascal.org wrote:
> Of course, I forgot that the RTL we distribute doesn't contain symbol
> information. Go to the rtl/linux sources directory (I don't know offhand
> where the sources are installed under Linux), type "make OPT="-g", and
> then compile your program with -Fu<path_to_rtl_you_just_compiled>. Now it
> will link to an rtl with full debug information and you will be able to
> place breakpoints in the rtl.

Ahhhh, now all is clear to me! lol.
I'm using Debian (sarge) and the source is not distributed with the FPC
packages.

It may look like I might have to remove all of FPC and compile and
install the whole thing myself to get all the features I need ;)
Any other Debian users on this mailing list with some advice ?

cheers
James

--
-
-Zero Defect Software Engineers Group - ZDSEG