[fpc-pascal]Direct writes to console buffer

James Mills prologic at daisy.ods.org
Sun Aug 3 17:00:11 CEST 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 07:26:35AM -0700, Rich Pasco wrote:
> James Mills wrote:
>
> > In addition, I suggest using SDL which will work for windows. SDL is
> > probably a much better approach than trying to directly access video
> > RAM. And to makes things easier for you, once you learn to use SDL, you
> > could write a wrapper module so you don't have to even rewrite your old
> > programs :)
>
> What is SDL?  Where can I get documentation about it?  Google turned
> up Simple DirectMedia Layer -- http://www.libsdl.org/ -- is that what
> you meant?

Yes this is the SDL Library. There is also an FPC port of this library
(version 1.2.0.0). I cannot find the home page for it though, so if you
can't find it also, I'll mail it to you.
Also I don't think there are any suitable tutorials (The ones provided
in the FPC port aren't that great) for using SDL with
FPC except for the C documentation at the libsdl website and others you
may find.

cheers
James

> It could also be Specification and Description Language --
> http://www.sdl-forum.org/SDL/ -- but that seems less likely.
Not this.