[fpc-pascal]OpenGL, SDL, GGI, or SVGALib ?

memsom at interalpha.co.uk memsom at interalpha.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 11:44:18 CET 2002

Open GL is a 3D library. Unless you are going to do it in 3D, it would be
overkill.

SDL is well respected, has a lot of support and a lot of games developed under
it - admittedly in C/C++, but that shouldn't rule it out. Even pro outfits use
SDL on the linux platform (or so I've been lead to believe.)

GGI - I looked at this, I decided it was more or less like Allegro (one you've
not mentioned.) Is there a FPC wrapper/interface to it? I would have mentioned
Allegro otherwise.

SVGA - kind of ties you to a terminal doesn't it?