[fpc-pascal]Problem with FPC IDE in Windows 2000

J.Scullion at AYRCOLL.AC.UK J.Scullion at AYRCOLL.AC.UK
Mon Nov 18 10:42:48 CET 2002

I'm new to FPC, I've just installed version 1.0.6 in a Win 2K Pro environment.

I've written a small "Hello World" program as a test.  It compiles with no errors.  When I run it from the IDE, I get a shell window with a loop of the following:

Exception_Continue_Execution set
CallSignal called.

When I close the window, the IDE also closes.

When I use "Trace Into" I get the following:

Program generated a RTE 204 at address $00556872.
Save your sources and restart the IDE.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.