[fpc-pascal]Win32 and system tray

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at yline.com
Sun Nov 17 19:22:07 CET 2002

Subject: [fpc-pascal]Win32 and system tray

> I'm trying to make a program run in the system tray instead insinde a
> window. Can somebody give me a hint (URL?) on how to achieve this?

Shell_NotifyIcon() is the method you're searching for, it controls all
system tray related stuff. I think there was some unit wrapping its
functionality on the contribs page (not sure about this).

[http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/fu
nctions/shell_notifyicon.asp]

In order to hide your application window from the taskbar and alt-tab dialog
create your window with WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW in the dwExStyle param of
CreateWindowEx() and don't specify WS_VISIBLE in the dwStyle param. It's
exact description can be found on msdn.microsoft.com as well.

Hth,
  Thomas