[fpc-pascal]Compiler uses bad English: "amount" vs "number"

Sat May 25 12:26:22 CEST 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Rich Pasco wrote:

> BigMatt19 at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Especially since the current term fits perfectly.  "Wrong amount of
> > parameters" is perfectly legal in the English language.
>
> I beg to differ, but it is not, since "parameters" is countable, the
> correct word is "number", not "amount."

I've changed the message file accordingly in the main branch.

Just out of curiosity:
I don't want to argue - I'm not an native english speaker - but what do you
do with 'A huge amount of money' - something which I hear often on US
TV shows ? Money is countable, so shouldn't it be 'number' then ?

Michael.