[fpc-pascal]Problem with TReader and integer idents

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Aug 6 23:23:19 CEST 2002

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:13:30 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:

> > > OTOH, longint is a special case, it is an internal compiler type...
> >
> > Ok, maybe typeinfo(longint) was a bad example. I don't want to register longint.
>
> Why else do you need it if not for integer types ?

I ment, I don't want to register names for 'longint'.
I want to register names for integer types like
type TColor = -$7FFFFFFF-1..$7FFFFFFF;

This is not an internal compiler type and has a typeinfo of its own.
But with the current implementation I can't register anything for it.

> In all other cases, the implementation should work as it is, no ?

I hope the typeinfo function will improve eventually. For now the workaround can do the job.

Mattias