About Licenses - Was : Re: [fpc-pascal]QT libs

Full_Name memsom at post.interalpha.co.uk
Thu Apr 18 10:41:45 CEST 2002

Quoting Christophe <cespern at free.fr>:

> About our discussion about Sablopas I'm happy to mention the fact that
> it now compiles dynamically with FPC under Linux. I must use the -k switch
> with providing the full filename because {$LINKLIB sablot} fails but
> everything is fine.

Have you tried using the named 'external' directive? This is the one I tend to
go for because it makes you explicitly define which library you mean.

e.g.

 rather than {$linklib whatever} you can use:

 {both link to lib 'whatever'}
 procedure myroutine(param1: pointer); cdecl; external 'whatever';
 function myroutine2: integer; cdecl; external 'whatever';

 {links to lib 'alternate'}
 function myotherroutine(value: integer): boolean; cdecl; external 'alternate';

I found this method to work a whole lot more reliably than the linklib compiler
directive in 1.00 and have used it ever since. I also come from a Delphi
background where the named external directive is the normal way of working.

Hope that helps,

Matt

--

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and