[fpc-pascal](Fwd) poll

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Mar 1 10:00:50 CET 2001

Ralf Quint wrote:

>> I have (had) a real SPARC and gave up two years ago (even though I'm pretty
> proficient in Pascal AND 68K/x86/Z80/6xxx assembler). You would need not
> only a fairly good knowledge about the SPARC CPU, but also about the whole
> SPARC system as well.

Maybe I'm off base here, but I was thinking of linux for SPARC.
I guessed this would take care of most of the architecture specific stuff, and
leave just the raw SPARC code to convert.
Not that I have a SPARC anyway, just an account on one. Thought it might be a nice
project though. Like I have a 68k Mac running Linux, and I'd considered a port to
that. This should only really involve the code generation, as all other stuff is
handled by syscalls to the kernel, and MVC has already done that for the x68 port.

--
Brad....
                   /"\