[fpc-pascal]OT: Blast from the past

Matti Hamalainen mhamalai at ratol.fi
Thu Jun 21 14:51:05 CEST 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 James_Wilson at i2.com wrote:

> Here's something published by Brian Kernighan (the "father" of the C
> programming language) where he rips Pascal. Interesting reading,
> considering some of it is still true. I had to laugh though -- it's from
> 1981.
>
> http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/bwk-on-pascal.html

It's funny to see, how some things that BWK points out
as "flaws" in Pascal, are nowadays considered good and
necessary... :-)

Of course there are things that are true, but I am not
going to start a C vs. Pascal war here, because it would
be pointless (they both have their good and bad sides) and
the wars have already been fighted (too) many times before
in other forums.

=- ccr/TNSP^pWp
] mhamalai at ratol.fi | http://www.tnsp.org/
] Show me your "realtime raytracer in Java"
] and I'll show you my CBM 8032, 2 MHz!