[fpc-pascal]linker error under Linux (Mandrake 8.0)

Ralf A. Quint ralf at aztechvision.net
Thu Jun 7 19:01:04 CEST 2001

Hello guys,

i hope someone can give me a quick hint for my problem.

I just installed FreePascal (v1.04 as found on the web site) on my Linux
machine, running Mandrake 8.0.
I couldn't use the RPM installer under KDE, as it asked me to insert the
second CD of the Mandrake distribution, which i don't have.
So i went to the command line and tried to install using rpm directly,
which seemed to work fine.

Now when i try to compile a small test program, i get an error message from
the linker. I think i might have to adjust a setting somewhere, so i would
appreciate a quick hint. Here is the output of compiler and linker:

Free Pascal Compiler version 1.0.4 [2000/12/18] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2000 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling test.pp
Assembling test
Linking test
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpanel
test.pp(10) Warning: Error while linking
Closing script ppas.sh
9 Lines compiled, 0.2 sec

thanks and take care,

Ralf